When the last day of #NationalWomenOwnedSmallBusinessMonth also happens to fall on #WomanCrushWednesday...
We introduce you to Stacie Shannon, co-owner of Burst Cycle & female founder of Fusion Franchising!
1: What is your business? When & how did you get started?
My first love & initial business is Burst, a boutique-style spin and yoga studio located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Recently, I also started a franchise consulting business called Fusion Franchising where work with individuals wanting to invest in a franchise system or help emerging brands establish their company for franchising. I took the leap in entrepreneurism 4 years ago given a strong desire to help others live their best possible lives either through fitness or starting their own business.
2: What has surprised you most about owning your own business?
The sense of freedom that comes with it. The freedom to be your own boss and manage your own schedule and also the freedom to shape and mold the business(es) along the way. The best laid plans don’t always stay prove to be the right, so you have to be willing to swallow your pride sometimes and be willing to change paths as you come to junctions in your business.
3: What is a glimpse of wisdom you can offer?
If it doesn’t feel right, then it’s not. This has been one of my greatest lessons learned as an entrepreneur. You have a vision, work your a** off to make it a reality, but if it becomes too hard to bring to fruition then it just might not be meant to be. Listen to your gut; it will never fail you.
4: What makes you, & what you are doing, unique?
My passion is to make a difference in other people’s lives. Burst is a one-of-a-kind experience in the Cedar Rapids / Iowa City corridor and has truly become a family amongst our clientele base. Fusion Franchising has been created to help others make their dreams of biz ownership become a reality through a guided and proven process that is of no cost to the client.
5: If we were having this convo 1 year from now, celebrating what a great year it’s been for you, what will you have achieved?
I dream big. I will have achieved a 6-figure salary in my initial year of being a franchise consultant and have helped numerous individuals become business owners.
6: Women you look up to?
- My Mom. She truly has the most caring heart and loves all her children unconditionally.
- My Grandmother, Fernie Baby J. She is one of the strongest women I have ever known and has always lived life to the fullest no matter what life has brought her way.
- Jillian Michaels. Her sense of dedication to health, wellness, & fitness is always inspiring… & she knows and owns who she is proudly.
7: Social Media accounts you love to stalk?
- @radioamy. I’m a big fan of the Bobby Bones show.
- @flytographer. Lots of good travel tips for my bucket list!
- @SignedM. So many good tips & allows me to dream of attending NYC Fashion Week one day.
- @womenshealthmag. Lots of good health & fitness tips!
8: Guilty pleasures?
Red Wine. White Wine. I guess, wine in general! ... Traveling the world ... Netflix binges.